1: No cavity, no food, so no flossing:
Majority of the people don’t do flossing because they think that they have no cavity so food could not be stored in the spaces of the teeth. So, no need to do flossing. Well, it’s not true. Flossing is about to maintain the shine of your teeth and more importantly to remove the plaque. Plaque a yellowish substance that covers the tooth surface can affect your teeth badly. To control the plaque, flossing is the best treatment.
Alright, it’s about flossing how important it is, but many people don’t know how to do flossing. Flossing is not as easy as we consider, in fact it is the most difficult personal grooming activity. You can’t learn it in one time, but practice can make you perfect.
2: I don’t know how to floss?
Flossing isn’t easy.Dentist Winnipeg calls it “the most difficult personal grooming activity there is.” But practice makes perfect. Here is how you can do it.
- A thin filament with the length of 18 inches is used in floss.
- Fasten some of the floss around your middle finger and leave one inch filament to floss with.
- Control the floss between your thumbs and index fingers and slightly scratch it up and down between your teeth. Never put extra force on floss as it may cut or damage the delicate gum tissue.
- Use the clean segment of floss for every tooth
- Pullout the floss by using the same back and forth action to bring out the floss
- Keep flossing back to your last molar, because majority of the gum disease starts from back teeth
3: I’m not informed in time:
Many people who can’t do flossing as they think it’s quite laborious work. So whenever they feel any food particles is there between the teeth they use nails or fingers that are too big to fit inside the teeth. So for the people who can’t do flossing City Centre Dentists suggest they can use Floss holders. These are Y shaped devices that are equipped with the reel of floss. The floss is wind between two points to allow one end to be used. Another alternate is to forget about floss and use disposable toothpick or tooth stick that are available in market. Moreover spiral brushes which are called inetrproximal brushes and the tip simulators found on the other side of the tooth brushes can be use for flossing.
4: Lack of time makes it difficult:
It is an obvious truth that flossing takes time. If you do it once in a day it will take your five minutes at least. Just like you take shower or do brushing as you are habitual of it. The need is to make flossing your habit. Dentist at Winnipeg suggests, keep flossing next to your tooth brushing. If you can’t do flossing at night then do it at morning. Keep the floss nearby you and whenever you find time.